Re: Suggestions for cd ripper...mp3 or wav?

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 11:39 -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I'm also looking for comments on the relative advantages of ripping to
> mp3 versus wav files

Depends on what you want to do with them.  If you're just going to play
the files, exactly as they were ripped, you might as well encode them
straight away.  If you want to edit them first (e.g. to neaten up the
changes between tracks), I'd rip to wave, and edit the data, then make
the lossy compression to MP3.

If you have ogg capable players, I'd suggest ogg over MP3.  It's
unencumbered, and it generally sounds better.

I read messages from the public lists.