Re: Generating SSL Certificates for Email Clients to get rid of the Self Sign Error on FC3

Paul Howarth wrote:
ankush grover wrote:
On 9/25/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 11:19 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> How do I save/import these certificates in email-clients so that this
> message does not shows up again ?

That depends on the clients.  It's not something I've done much about,
mostly just read about.  Though I did once set up my local IMAP server
to run "securely", and it handled accepting the certificates,
automatically, the first time I connected to the server.

I see in the Evolution preferences that there's a separate
"certificates" section, with an import feature.  Other mail clients will
have their own methods of doing this.  I think you'd want to read their
help files, then post back with a list of which clients you need more
help with (program name, version, and possibly which OS they're on).

--
hey,

Thanks for the reply. I know that email clients comes with importing
option for SSL certificates but the question is how do I import,
rather I say which file I have to import the CA files if yes then
which CA files . Postfix is using SSL Certificates  and also Dovecot .

The approach I use to to create my own CA certificate and key and then use that to sign the SSL certificates for all of my servers (e.g. SMTP, IMAP, Web). At the client side, it's only necessary then to import the CA certificate and everything just works.

Paul.

Paul -

How did you do that? I mean make the CA cert? The Dovecot and Sendmail (in my case) certs are well documented, but I would love to know how you generated your own CA certificate under FC.

Thanks,
Thomas