Re: Generating SSL Certificates for Email Clients to get rid of the Self Sign Error on FC3

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 16:39 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 11:19 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> > > How do I save/import these certificates in email-clients so that this
> > > message does not shows up again ?
> >
> > That depends on the clients.  It's not something I've done much about,
> > mostly just read about.  Though I did once set up my local IMAP server
> > to run "securely", and it handled accepting the certificates,
> > automatically, the first time I connected to the server.
> >
> > I see in the Evolution preferences that there's a separate
> > "certificates" section, with an import feature.  Other mail clients will
> > have their own methods of doing this.  I think you'd want to read their
> > help files, then post back with a list of which clients you need more
> > help with (program name, version, and possibly which OS they're on).
> >
> > --
> hey,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I know that email clients comes with importing
> option for SSL certificates but the question is how do I import,
> rather I say which file I have to import the CA files if yes then
> which CA files . Postfix is using SSL Certificates  and also Dovecot .
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ankush Grover

Hey Ankush,

I've only done this procedure once, and it was really complicated, and
this was for Outlook. I imagine that it would be similarly complicated
for other email clients as well. Have you tried Googling for the answer?
It may be better because there would be a need to show screenshots and
all.

Here's something:
http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft+outlook+import
+certificates&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

The first link in the results page, I assume, can only be seen in
Internet Explorer, because it displays garbage in my Firefox.

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur