Re: Can't make flash plugin work

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:31:14 +0100, Mário Gamito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't make the flash plugin work.
>
> The FAQs say it's just
> # yum install flash-plugin
> but nothing happens.
>
> Tried to download it from macromedia's site and installed manually, but
> it doesn't work either.
>
> BTW, in which directory is the plugin supposed to be ?
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito

You have to enable the macromedia repository first, because that's
where the flash rpm is to be found. It's not on any of the
core/extras/livna repositories, so yum doesn't find it, and that's
why nothing happens.

You must have a file /etc/yum.repos.d/macromedia.repo with the
following content:

[macromedia]
name=Macromedia for i386 Linux
baseurl=http://macromedia.rediris.es/rpm/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://macromedia.mplug.org/FEDORA-GPG-KEY
enabled=0

Note that by default it's disabled. Now to install the flash
player, you enable it at run time:

yum --enablerepo=macromedia flash-plugin

I think you can download the macromedia.repo file and the GPG
key from macromedia. I think that's where I got mine a long while
back.