Elo USB Touchscreen -- Need to load Elo driver after usbcore, but before 'hid'

I'm trying to install Elo's USB touchscreen driver for an Elo 1524L
touchscreen on FC5 (the touchscreen is identified as USB Kernel Input
device name: "EloTouchSystems,Inc Elo TouchSystems 2216 AccuTouch(r)
USB Touchmonitor Interface"). The "elographics" driver in xorg appears
to only work with a serial touchscreen. I'm using FC5 and the
2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 kernel.

The instructions from Elo are to load their USB driver after
"usbcore" but before "hid". I'm not sure how to do this. Elo's
instructions are to load the driver through modprobe.conf, but that
doesn't to work. I have also been given the suggestion of loading
through rc.sysinit by placing:

action $"Initializing EloUSB Drivers:" modprobe elousb 2> /dev/null
prior to the line which has "modprobe hid 2>/dev/null", ultimately
ending up with a section that looks like:

needusbstorage=
if[$usb="1"] then
needusbstorage=.....

action $"Initializing EloUSB Drivers:" modprobe elousb 2> /dev/null

If["${version[0]}  ........... ]
LC_ALL=C grep 'hid' /proc/bus/usb/drivers" ||action $Initializing USB
HID Interface:" modprobe hid 2>/dev/null
action $Initializing USB Keyboard" modprobe keybdev 2> /dev/null
The only problem is that I don't have anything that approximates this
section in rc.sysinit.

One other issue may be that Elo states that 'hid' must be built as a
loadable module, rather than compiled in to the kernel.  How do I
check this?

Any help or ideas?

Thanks,

George