Re: skype problem with sound

On Fri September 22 2006 11:43 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 22 September 2006 23:37, Charles Curley wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:23:32PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> On Friday 22 September 2006 22:46, Claude Jones wrote:
> >>

> >> The 1.3beta version of skype for linux is working quite
> >> well for me, on two machines here.  If you don't have that
> >> version, go get it, or I'd assume any even newer version
> >> they may have for linux now.
> >
> >I concur. Also the 1.3 beta has a test call option, which
> > lets you test stuff like mixer settings before you pester a
> > real person with testing.
>
> AFAIK, all earlier versions also had that.  But since it
> didn't work after oss was deprecated, there was a long period
> during which skype and linux were mutually exclusive.

Installed the beta version - it's seems to have fixed the
disconnect at connect problem. However, trying various
combinations and permutations of your suggested mic settings
doesn't produce audible audio on the other end of the call. I
can connect, the other person sees that it's me, I can hear
them, but, they can't hear me...
Started playing with alsamixer to see it that would help, but it
keeps locking up as soon as I select the mic to adjust. In KDE
sound control, I've got it set to full duplex. I've tried the
various capture options you suggested, Gene, but no cigar...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA