Re: Swap Space Not Being Used?

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 00:35 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:27:20AM -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
>
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  > Unable to find swap-space signature
>  >
>  > A few days ago (right before this problem started), I installed acpitool
>  > and I tried to do a suspend (which didn't work). I think that screwed
>  > something up!

> mkswap /dev/hda6, and then it should work.

	If fstab says something like "LABEL=SWAP-hda6         swap" then you
are going to need this command:

	mkswap -L SWAP-hda6 /dev/hda6

	If you don't include the "label" option to label the swap space, it
won't be able to find the swap space based on the label name.  I've run
into this a couple of times where something has blipped the swap label
and then, no more swap on next reboot.

> 	Dave

	Mike
--