Re: Start-up SELinux/Kernel Issue: Resolved -- sort of

Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
I had sent two previous messages on this issue and heard not a word.
I'm really perplexed why it only seems to affect my system ...

In any case the problem was, briefly, that when restarting Rawhide/FC6
on my Thinkpad A31p laptop, the startup process would get to the point
that it would draw the fat X in the middle of the screen and then
hang.

You should use fedora-test list to discuss devel/test tree issues.

 Using the original kernel worked fine but newer kernels would
result in the strange hang.  Paying close attention after installing
the most recent kernel, I noticed a text message just before X took
over that smacked of SELinux (... avc ... denied ... comm="hwclck"
... --- all of this is from memory since I don't know how to freeze
the screen during startup and I don't know where this message might be
recorded. It is not in /var/log/messages).  Taking a wild guess that
it might be SELinux, I disabled it and sure enough the system booted
properly.

So I'll try again: any suggestions on what component I should file a
bug against?

selinux-policy component.

 Any suggestions on how I can capture what is really
going that SELinux is taking issue with?

AVC denied messages are logged in /var/log/messages or /var/log/audit (if audit daemon is enabled)

Rahul