Re: Bridging and Routing (4 Nic's on one machine)

The first is: Reply to the list too, not only mine, there are more people
than me that has more knoledgement about these type of questions.

The second: Yes, you'll need:
   1) Allow routing between LAN and VPN.
   2) Allow BROADCAST routing (ouch!!) if you really need propagate
BROADCAST traffic between the subnets (I know nobody that use this, but
here is), or WINS or configure lmhosts.

If you allow broadcast you could "explore" the SAMBA network, else you'll
need use IP to access to resources (Nobody recomend you this).

You can configure a WINS server to allow easy access too, instead using
broadcast, and you only need to add your network computers into the WINS
(WINS is as a DNS but for SAMBA), but for a few computers, you really
don't need that. In this last case (some computers only), you only need to
add the computers and their IP's into the /etc/samba/lmhosts file and then
you can acces them using the name (instead use the IP), perhaps you need
add computers and IP into /etc/hosts file (don't know now if you really
need).

Use www.samba.org to search more info about SAMBA, there are many manuals,
faqs and how-tos there (and a list to ask questions about it).

Regards

--
Samuel Díaz García
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.