Re: [Fedora] Mysterious problem with sendmail

Bob Taylor wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 13:33 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Bob Taylor wrote:
Mail is now working again with
the same configuration files except mail from tcpwrappers seems to be
rejected. Don't know *why*
If you're seeing tcpwrappers rejection, it's because of /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow configurations. Any other rejections or access denied within sendmail would be because of /etc/mail/access. Check your rules carefully.

Do you see any problem with my /etc/mail/access file?

localhost.localdomain		RELAY
localhost			RELAY
127.0.0.1			RELAY
192.168.0.1			RELAY
ann					RELAY
ann.qtpi.local		RELAY

(I added the last three lines *after* mail failed working!)

I think I have fixed my tcwrapper problem by adding SENDMAIL: ALL
to /etc/hosts.allow. Except for this, I don't know *what* happened to a
working mail system. I was able to send and receive email to and from my
ISP as well as receive mail from root (logwatch) and MAILER-DAEMON. I
just don't know why!!

Can you post the mail log entries you have for the rejected mail? That would give a clue about why the mail was rejected.

Paul.