Re: sending the output of a script through mail

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 11:25 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
>  I have written a script which shows the local and lan address of a system.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> test= ifconfig -a | grep addr: | awk '{print $2}'
>

> I want to send the output of this command to a user through mail. How
> can I achieven this ?

Hmm, well that looks like you can work most things out for yourself, see
if these hints lets you work out the rest:

Have a look at the "mail" command, and add a bit more to the line in
your script, using it.

You may have to also configure sendmail so that locally generated mail
goes out with a real internet domain name (i.e. you're unlikely be able
to send out an e-mail from root@localhost, for instance).  I think
that's a "masquerading" option, just going from memory.  But you might
want to look at the sendmail website, for more help with configuring
sendmail than the docs that come with Fedora.

I read messages from the public lists.