Re: Openoffice Writer never finishes.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:19:29AM +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:
> Hello Everybody!
>
> I have a problem with Openoffice: I have just installed Writer, and
> to be sure I removed $HOME/.openoffice2.0.

To be sure of what? Did you remove the directory before or after you
installed Writer?

> Writer start ok, but when I close it, it never exits. If I kill it a
> lock remains so that I can not start it again before I remove the
> openoffice settings folder.

Instead of removing the entire directory, try removing
.openoffice.org2.0/.lock, which, judging from its name and contents,
appears to be a lock file.

> My home dir is on a NFS share, could this be a problem?

Yes, but probably not related to this problem. The potential problem
is that some nfs installations do not lock files, or lock them
incorrectly. If OOo (or any other app) uses file locks, it could be a
problem. Fortunately this problem is rare and getting rarer.