RE:SAMBA PROBLEM

Title: RE:SAMBA PROBLEM

I do not understand? (Ignorance)

If you have public and guest set to yes why couldnt ANY windows PC print to a linux printer? Here is the error in smbd.log

Printing/nt_printing.c:nt_printing_init(383)

nt_printing_init: error checking published printers: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Thanks again

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 16:29 -0500, Randy Easley wrote:

> I cannot print from a winXp machine to a Fedora server? Smb.conf has

> public = yes and guest ok = yes. On the same workgroup with no domain.

> I can clearly see the file shares which are also public.

> Log files show WERR_ACCESS_DENIED over and over.

----

make sure that the 'user' printing (there is a user even if it is a 'guest' - it would be whichever user guest is being mapped to) has write privileges to the 'spool' directory that you created in smb.conf

see

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html#cups-exam-simple

in the example shown above...

chmod 777 /var/spool/samba -R