Re: Desktop image?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:17:17 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Myles Green wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:46:40 +0100
> > Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Right click on the desktop and select "Change Desktop Background"
> >>

> > That won't work with Xfce. You'll need to go (in the menu) to Settings
> > --> Settings Manager and then choose Desktop. You should be able to
> > find your way from there.
> >
> > HTH, Myles
> >
> Yes, I know that and I have done so this morning but
> I find that function erratic for whatever reason, yesterday
> it didn't work?  This morning it does, and I have had that
> problem on several computers set up similarly?
>
> I would prefer to change the file that makes the image
> if possible.  But I don't know it's name ...

Right. Well, you should be able to find the name of the image from that
dialog. Barring that it lives in /usr/share/backgrounds/images/. I'd just
tell you the name but I'm using Rawhide with Fvwm (fvwm-crystal) so my
system is quite different from yours at the moment.

HTH, Myles
--
It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without
your help.