Re: PPTP VPN ---

On 9/19/06, thierry itty <thierry.itty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Guys could you please advise me what program to use
>to CONNECT TO VPN USING PPTP? standard pptp from fedora-extras does not see to
>be good, has no init scripts and a few documentation and I don't know how it
>works? ....

I think this could help :
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora-core-4.phtml

basically, you :
- install the pptp package,
- configure /etc/ppp/options.pptp (may not be necessary)
- configure /etc/ppp/chap-secrets or pap-secrets (depending on server
configuration) - contains auth info
- create /etc/ppp/peers/<connectionname> - contains server and protocol info
- launch the connection : "pptp call <connectionname>

It is much simpler if you use pptpconfig. You can install everything
with yum. Follow the HOWTO at:

http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora-core-5.phtml

Paul