Re: LAN connection FC5 - RH7.2

Per-Anton Rønning wrote:
Hi,
I have an old PC running RH 7.2. I have now successfully etablished FTP connection from FC5 to RH7.2, so I have my backup system up and running, connectinh via the RTL8139 card on FC5.

The problem is that i do not succeed in connecting to FC5 from RH7.2 - I can ping it (both with hostname and local IP) but it will not allow FTP access. What may I have overlooked on the RH7.2 PC in setting up the connection?

You may have overlooked opening the FTP port on your FC5 box's firewall.
Or you might even have neglected to set up and/or start the FTP server.

Paul.