Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Getting older]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 17 September 2006 20:44, oldman wrote:
Hmm...  I have never even so much as opened Helix (maybe that's why I
don't have the problem?)

Neither have I.

do you have mplayer and mplayerplug-in
installed?

I have mplayer installed, but 'yum search mplayer' doesn't give me anything
like mplayerplug-in (this is FC4).

Do you have Livna enabled in yum? mplayer and mplayerplug-in are available there or from some of the other independent repos (Dag, FreshRPMs, RPMForge, etc.). I think they are there for FC4 as well.

Have you tried removing the Helix player?

Eventually realised that it's called HelixPlayer, and yes, it can be removed -
Ric, are you listening?

You're on KDE
aren't you?  It's been ages since I looked, but I recall a very good
mime-type editor in KDE, does that still exist?

It does, but the embedded tab didn't allow me to do anything helpful.  I still
don't know why the problem occurred.  HelixPlayer was not listed to be used
at all, but it seems to grab things.  Anyway, removing HelixPlayer hasn't
helped the original problem.  From the url that Scott gave I can play it with
'Music Player' whatever that may be, but I still can't play it from the url
that Ric originally gave us.

Anne

--
		Matthew Saltzman