Re: I doan wahnt no stinkin' HE-LIX ann I doan wahnt no stinkin' TOE-TEM!!

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 11:32 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 04:32 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > How do I purge those little demon spawn from my machine and rid myself
> > of all reference to them in mozilla, firefox and Everything? I want them
> > gone, real simple... no ambiguity there, just removed completely and all
> > dependencies to either resolved to mplayer. It's late, like 3:30 AM and
> > firefox is back to not doing windows media and rm files. Even file
> > mangler can't remove them with dependency issues.
>
> Without the ability to run (or at least like xmms be able to use plugin
> modules), both Helix and Totem aren't of much use IMO. Much better off
> going to freshrpms and grabbing Xine with the moz-plugin IMO.

There's a plan! Now how do I rid firefox and mozilla, etc. of the
offenders, totem and helix? rpm -e everything remotely related?

I bet there is some obscure file ready to erupt and infect afresh
install, tell me there isn't. <grins>

I just did rm -rf /usr/lib/totem and /usr/lib/helix and every file I
could 'locate' that looked like it might be one of these two, and
firefox still wants to use them and not drop out to ask what it wants to
be done with the file.

That's different. I thought default behavior was to ASK! <grumbles> I
just want my machine back, is all. For ME to tell it what to do... not
for someone in Pahrump Nevada to dictate. Or the unmentionable Raleigh
NC gang, who's name cannot be pronounced one this list, so we say "Nee!"
I shall henceforth refer to their product as "Shrubbery". See if I
don't.

Damn, Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.