Re: euro symbol on konsole screen

Nigel Henry wrote:

> I can't check this out as my Right alt + 4 gives me the ? symbol, but
> someone mentioned going to KDE's control panel > Regional&Accessibility >
> Keyboard layout, then the "Xkb Options" tab. Maximise it otherwise all the
> options arn't seen. Someway down the list is a section "3rd level
> choosers" . It may be worth checking the "Press right Alt key to choose
> 3rd level" box, and then trying again with "Right Alt + 4, or Right Alt +
> e.

Thanks very much.
That has indeed done the trick:

in Control Centre=>Regional & Accessibility=>Keyboard Layout=>Xkb Options
there is a choice "Adding the EuroSign to certain keys".
On ticking this, the 3 options "Add the EuroSign to the 2 key",
"Add the EuroSign to the E key", "Add the EuroSign to the 5 key"
are enabled.
I've disabled the options for the 2 and 5 keys, leaving the E key,
and now AltGr-e does indeed give the euro symbol on my screen.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366