Re: Is there a 'whatprovides' equivalent?

On 9/14/06, George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a repository or other web site that has an equivalent of the
'whatprovides' command that I can access from these systems?  Or maybe a
mailing list where I can list the files I need to find.  It seems rude to
constantly ask the rest of the group.

I had a similar problem in the past. I got my with googling for "what
provides <filename>". Usually the top result was from rpmfind and was
more than enough to help.

--
Regards
Vivek