Re: Lost my RAID

Martin Marques wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:42:16 +0100, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Someone told me I would have to rebuild the array with mdadm, but I want
to know if I would loose data doing so.

You should just be able to re-add sdb1 to the array and it'll rebuild in
the background. No data loss.

Thats what I'm seeing right now.

Now, the old entry of sdb1 is still in the md0, but with state removed.
(output of mdadm -D /dev/md0)

    Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
       0       8        1        0      active sync   /dev/sda1
       1       0        0        -      removed

       2       8       17        1      spare rebuilding   /dev/sdb1

Is that OK?

Yes; the "removed" line should disappear when the rebuild is done IIRC.

Paul.