Re: Transferring mails from Thunderbird

Hi !

I once installed Thunderbird in a dualboot machine with XP and FC, and I installed Thunderbird profiles of both systems on a VFAT/FAT32 partition and was able to
use the same physical profile for both  XP and Fedora.
I just installed both first like everyone normally does, and then there was in a earlier version of Thunderbird a menu command New Profile, which I used to define from where the profile would be read and after that copied the profile folder I want to use to VFAT in the just defined folder. Now in the new Thunderbird version the information is situated in Fedora under the user's home directory at .thunderbird/profiles.ini
My profiles.ini looks like this:
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=5jygzv2e.default
Default=1

Editing it to look something like this (much of this is just guessing, you have to experiment and test it):
[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=Fedoraprofile
IsRelative=0
Path=/mnt/vfat/Thunderbird/Profiles/myusername/5jygzv2e.commonprofile
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=XPprofile
IsRelative=0
Path=E:\Thunderbird\Profiles\myusername\5jygzv2e.commonprofile
Default=0

Mikko Silvennoinen

|Lord_Zoo| wrote:

Well, in that case, yes, it probably do.

I thought it was a clean install, my bad.

Haven´t searched, but maybe there is a tool to do what you need.

I know there are some for OE, but never looked for thunderbird.

Sorry I couldn´t help you. :(

Just, a silly question, did you tried to append those files? (I know this could sound raw, but, well, sometimes the simplest things works. :))

Stéphane Bruno escribió:

If  I already have mails in the new folder, will it not corrupt them ?

|Lord_Zoo| wrote:

You can just copy and paste the folder with the mails into the corresponding one in windows.

Thunderbird keeps almos every configuration you made and take it from there, so you don't have to reconfigure anything.

You just have to copy the content of the profile folder into the one created in windows.

Hope it helps

On

Stéphane Bruno escribió:

Hello,

I have just installed Mozilla Thunderbird on my Windows laptop and I want to transfer all mails I had in Mozilla Thunderbird on Fedora.

I see that Thunderbird allows you to import only from Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook Express and MS Outlook.

Also, I do not see any Export functions in Thunderbird installed on my Linux computer.

How can I do this?

Thanks

begin:vcard
fn:Mikko Silvennoinen
n:Silvennoinen;Mikko
org:Bittiainen Ltd
adr:48700  KOTKA;;Aijankatu 10 C 27;Kotka;;48700;Finland
email;internet:mikko@xxxxxxxx
title:CEO, Hall. puh.joht.
tel;work:+358 (0)44 517 1260
tel;home:044 517 1260