Re: unrar and multi-file volumes

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 16:53 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> Aly Dharshi wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> >     I hope that you are well. I have files such as file.part1.rar and
> > file.part2.rar and I want to use the unrar utility to put them back
> > together and uncompress. Winrar does this just fine, how do I do it
> > with the unrar one on linux ?
> >
> >     Cheers,
> >
> >     Aly.
> I have to do this a lot, and if you have a GUI handy, konqueror does
> this just fine.  I know the GUI is lazy, but it works.
And I think it is enough to click on the first part and say "extract",
unrar will find automatically the other parts of the archive.
On FC3 with UNRAR 3.51 freeware if you select all the parts and say
"extract"  unrar (or maybe the GIU frontend) enters an endless loop.

--
Peter Kostov
Sofia, Bulgaria

Photographer, web designer,