Re: Disaster now no GUI

From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Disaster now no GUI
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:15:51 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Douglas <jdz99 <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> Now when I reboot after an install my monitor gives me a "Signal out of
> range" and goes into sleep mode before booting is complete....and it soesn't
> come back..  any ideas?

Edit the boot commands in GRUB, add a space and the number 3 to the kernel
command line (telling the kernel to boot in runlevel 3, i.e. without GUI), log
in as root and run:
system-config-display --reconfig
Configure a valid (resolution, color depth, refresh rate) triplet, click OK and
reboot (this time without forcing runlevel 3).

        Kevin Kofler