Re: security issue help

Leon wrote:
My box running FC6 T3 has been warned by my College:

,----
| We've been investigating an IRC botnet involving JANET hosts in
| coordination with the IRC network involved. It appears, from logs of
| connections to IRC channels, that xxxx.xxx.xxx.ac.uk is
| involved.
| | The other hosts involved so far have been compromised through an
| unknown
| vulnerability, possibly via. HTTP or SSH but we're not sure at this
| stage.
| | Please could you investigate as soon as possible and let us know what
| you find. Any information could be very helpful to the other JANET
| sites
`----

Here is the question: how can I check if my computer is compromised?
Thank you.

There are two programs that check system integrity that are available in Fedora Extras. chkrootkit and rkhunter are programs that are supposed to find suspicious activity on your system.

Jim

--
Let the people think they govern and they will be governed.
		-- William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania