Re: nss_ldap using sasl with gssapi. Kerberos credentials cache problem[Scanned]

Howard Wilkinson wrote:
I have been installing nss_Ldap for sasl connections to a Windows 2003 R2 infrastructure and run into some problems. It turns out that the package distributed with FC5 and in development have an incorrect option set with the configuration for the configuration file feature krb5_ccname to work.

The configure line currently uses --enable-configurable-krb5-ccname which does not do anything useful. It should either read --enable-configurable-krb5-ccname-env or --enable-configurable-krb5-ccname-gssapi to make this work. I have chosen the second as the first does not confer any advantage in allowing the environment to override in the current implementation.

Without this setting then the calling environment must have a credential cache set up for the code to work - the behaviour of both the nscd and the general calling environment give local errors when there is not credentials cache defined.
--

Howard Wilkinson

Phone:

+44(20)76907075

Coherent Technology Limited

Fax:

23 Northampton Square,

Mobile:

+44(7980)639379

London, United Kingdom, EC1V 0HL

Email:

howard@xxxxxxxxxxx

Click here <https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==> to report this email as spam.

Howard,

Could you please post details on you you have used sasl to connect to AD? I am using nss_ldap to connect but not using sasl. Further details on this can be seen here: http://cb-net.co.uk/readarticle.php?article_id=5

-Chris