Re: Updated screensaver base and now my extra screensavers do not show up?

thank you.

On 9/11/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Phil wrote:
> Anyone else experience this issue?
>
> I tried uninstalling the screensaver extras and the reinstalling and
> still only the default ones are available...?
>
> Any thoughts?

The xscreensaver packages and the gnome-screensaver packages have been
complimented with new packages that you may need on your system to see
the extra screensavers within gnome-screensaver.

I am assuming that you are using gnome-screensaver as the controlling
application.

Jim

An excerpt from the maintainer/developer update information is below:

In this update, gnome-screensaver compatibility for xcreensaver-extras
and xscreensaver-gl-extras was implemented in the new
xscreensaver-extras-gss and xscreensaver-gl-extras-gss subpackages. You
need to install these additional packages if you want to use the
xscreensaver hacks in gnome-screensaver.

--
In Pocataligo, Georgia, it is a violation for a woman over 200 pounds
and attired in shorts to pilot or ride in an airplane.