Re: How to downgrade a package?

Gregor Pirnaver wrote:
> Is there ANY way to get an older update? So that if new
> version of a package is causing a problem I can downgrade
> it?
>
> By default yum is configured to remove some older versions
> of kernel, so now I'm having problems downgrading it.
>
> E.g. where could I get kernels:
> xen0 & xenU: 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5
>
> I know it was not the smartest thing to run Fedora (at least
> with Xen3) on a production server, but it was working fine
> for some time and i would like to get back to that state:

Depends...

The first thing you need to do is to actually *find* the RPMs in
question. Yum won't do that for you -- you'd need to look for a mirror
that still carried it. There's an (incomplete) list of mirrors at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc5 .

Having downloaded the packages, you could install them with rpm -i. (You
may need to use the --oldpackage flag).

(For other packages, you would use rpm -F).

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | "I don't think so," said René Descartes.  Just then, he