Re: FC5 problems printing to Brother 1440L laser printer

On 9/11/06, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Brother 1440L laser printer attached to an XP (home) PC.  I
have set up a printer on my linux box as a CUPS printer.  Sometimes
printing works fine, other times, I can print, at most, one page, at a
time.  The second page prints out corrupted and none of the the
succeeding pages follow.  I went ahead and ordered (and installed)
extra memory for the printer, thinking that perhaps a buffer was
overflowing somewhere, and somebody (i.e. cups or XP) thought that the
printer had 34 MB when, in fact, it had only 2 MB.

Any thoughts?  Any ideas of where I might look next.

--wpd

Check "Device Settings" in XP printer properties.