Re: Problems with a disk from RAID array

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:05 +0200, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> > You'll have to delete the array for that.
>
> OK, I managed to do that under windows, without a RAID controller. There
> is no way to do it under Linux without a hardware RAID controller?

If it is a software RAID (md device), change the partition type with
fdisk.  Only type FD should be auto-detected as RAID members.  If it
is in a currently running RAID, you need to use mdadm to mark it
failed, then remove it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx