Re: NX software

of freenx.  see this url:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/

Thanks! That was what I'm looking for... good ole plain English step by
step docs!! Ric

Beware ...

I found I had to run "passwd -uf nx" to enable the nx account, which isn't in the fedoranews how-to. This was a source of authentication errors.

Also, be careful if you uninstall nx. The rpm uninstall script is a bit broken at times. Use "rpm -vvve" instead of "rpm -e" or "yum remove" if you get errors. After installing/uninstalling several times, rpm -e was trying to delete certain files which didn't exist. Using the verbose output allowed me to identify and re-create these files, allowing the "rpm -e" to complete successfully.

freenx works great for me now!

- Mike