Re: screen resolution

On 9/10/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have seen that behavior. If your video card was correctly determined
then the problem is that you have the wrong display (monitor) chosen.
Did you try to change it in the gui the system-config-display gave you?

Maybe I should have been more clear.  I don't have any problems with my display.  I've set the value of 1920x1200 in xorg.conf and that's the one that is used.  I was just trying to make a comment on the usefulness of xrandr to change resolutions without exiting X.  I was making the point that the resolutions available to me through xrandr are those I've written in xorg.conf, and not the same as those available to me through system-config-display.  Sorry for the confusion