Re: [FC5] Unable to blank CD-RW

2006/9/9, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > My opinion is different....
> > A standard user must be able to blank a CD-RW without reading the
> > manual, i.e. k3b or nautilus must accomplish the task (that is not my
> > case now) otherwise Windows will rule for many years in front of us!!!
> >
> > Just my two cents

While it may be less than clear that a disk MUST be unmounted to write
to it (except with UDF on RW disks), that is a necessity for both
burning a CDR and formatting a CDRW.  K3b does not do that for you and I
have at times overlooked the fact that disks automount when trying to
copy disks and when formatting the CDRW (even though I have years of
experience and am thus not a newbie)

I agree that it may be useful to have that option in k3b and you can
easily submit a feature request to the authors.

> > Cheers
> > --
> > Antonio Montagnani
> > Skype : antoniomontag
>

> ROFL.  Yes, you shouldn't have to read a manual for what you're doing.
> However, it's not working for you, hence the suggestions.  My linux
> knowledge isn't deep, and might even be wrong, but it's free ;)
>

> -Thufir

Jeff,

I have clear that a disk MUST be unmounted, but I have also clear that
a standard user SHOULD not bother with line commands as there is no
option to unmount  CDRW from menus.
And the problem is also with nautilus burner, so it is not a problem
with k3b but how the system mounts/umounts CDRW.
But I understand that I am the only one to experience this problem
(that I had not before latest updates, I am sure as I blanked/burnt my
FC5 on CDRW!!!!)...

My other two cents

Tnx

--