Re: [FC5] Unable to blank CD-RW

2006/9/8, Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:26:48 +0200, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
[...]
> how do you unmount a CD inserted in the burner if you don'have such
> graphical option??
> In any case k3b unmounted it by itself, this is my opinion......and my
> experience, I blanked regularly CD-RW
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

Some useful commands:

df     diskfree
du     diskusage
mount  to mount
umount to unmount, notice spelling weirdness.

yes, read the man pages.  yes, you can ask "how do I use the umount
command to unmount the CDRW drive?" but more info is required to answer
that question than, I believe, you've given.  Maybe the info is there,
I didn't look as there's so much, though.

HTH,

Thufir

My opinion is different....
A standard user must be able to blank a CD-RW without reading the
manual, i.e. k3b or nautilus must accomplish the task (that is not my
case now) otherwise Windows will rule for many years in front of us!!!

Just my two cents

Cheers
--
Antonio Montagnani