Re: Sendmail 8.13.8...has anyone made their own RPMS for FC5?

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 09:38 -0500, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Thanks so much for doing that! To others: the reason for me wanting the
> new Sendmail so badly is that it fixes the DOS attack potential (I don't
> care what anyone says, FrSirt, NVD and CVE say it's a DOS), and that is
> reason enough to want that package (or at least the DOS fix backported).
>
> I agree as much time should be spent on FC6, but I don't see how that a
> DOS isn't a DOS. Just my opinion, and if I am wrong, correct me, please.
> Thanks!

Well it is probably no more of a DOS in practice for a remote site to
connect to your sendmail and crash a child such that the parent will
start new ones as needed than to connect and talk very slowly, keeping
that process busy for a long time.  You can do the latter to any MTA.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx