Re: Kontact crashing

On Friday 08 September 2006 00:46, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 12:37 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Craig White wrote:

> > > ----
> > > not at all
> > >
> > > condescending is telling you that you apparently couldn't see
> > > past that sentence to the one that followed which told you what
> > > to do.
> >
> > Whatever you want to call it...your statement should either not
> > have been made or should have been made in a way that the OP (any
> > OP) would not feel insulted.  It matters not that you gave a
> > suggestion/solution.
> >
> > You could have said...  "The type of problem resolution you've
> > described is Winblows based and not practiced in the Linux
> > world.".  Or words to that effect, and then go on to give your
> > suggestion.
> >
> > It is called, "Being tactful".
>
> ----
> There wasn't the slightest bit of intent to be condescending - that
> exercise was by the reader. Thanks for signing on to it.
>
> I can't always help that someone reads some intent into my post
> that wasn't there.

You are very direct and very rude.  If you truly want to help then
review what you are about to send and if it could be taken wrong
don't send it.  You can help how people take what you write.  Take
some advise and read some books that teach you how to be more polite
and tactful.  You can catch more flies with honey than you can
vinegar.  People don't care what you know until they know that you
care.  Another way of saying it is filters can dump anything you send
in the trash and it won't get read at all.

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net