Re: .directory files missing

ron wrote:
Hi,

While configuring a Konqueror file management profile, I seem to have
wiped out all my folder .directory files.

They should contain:

[Desktop Entry]
Icon=folder_flat

The standard folder icons do not show up. Using nautilus they reappear.

As root, folder icons show up again using Konqueror.

I need a script to start at / and recursively replace the missing .directory desktop configure files in each folder.

I don't know whether what you want to do is the right thing.
However, the following will do it (possibly clobbering
any remaining .directory files in the process).
Put what you want in the .directory files in a prototype
file then:

find / -type d -print | \
xargs -i cp /ABSOLUTE/PATH/prototype {}/.directory

(with /ABSOLUTE etc. being the correct location for the prototype)

--
imalone