Re: vmware upgrade fc4->fc5

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Paul Lemmons wrote:

OK, I ran the upgrade again with  the latest VMWare Workstation
available. No cheese down that hole :(

The upgrade runs flawlessly after I specifically select the Buslogic
controller. When I reboot it complains that it can not find the disks and
then kernel panics. Is there some change I need to make to some
configuration to make FC5 recognize the Buslogic controller and thus see
my virtual disks?

I just had a thought: Can you boot with a rescue disk? If so, try re-making the initrd for your kernel. It may be that the disk controller module isn't in the initrd because you changed "hardware" after it was built.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu