Re: installed CPAN but application still doesn't work

On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:03, Paul Howarth wrote:
> jim martin wrote:
> > yum install swatch
> > Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> > Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
> > Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
> > Finding updated packages
> > Downloading needed headers
> > Cannot find a package matching swatch
> > No actions to take
>
> Ah, that's because you are using the rather ancient Fedora Core 1, and
> Fedora Extras is only available from fedora Core 3 onwards.
>
> Paul.

I see that swatch is available from Dag's repo for FC1.
http://dag.wieers.com

There are instructions for adding his repo to your Yum, on the site, and this
may be a better way to go rather than simply DL'ing the rpm, as Yum should
pick up any dependencies as well.

The link for the FC1 rpm's for swatch is.
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/swatch

Nigel.