Re: Cause of disappearing mount points in FC5

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
Hi,

what could be the cause of disappearing mounted drives? I have a
"vfat" & "ntfs" drive mounted in my FC5 box but sometime after
booting, the mount point disappears suddenly without any trace. I am
suspecting the hardware problem but when I boot from windows these
drive is working fine. Have anyone came across similar problem? any
advice?

Thanks!

Further information,

I mounted the drive manually as root and it mounted without any complain.
I guess the drive is mounting successfully after it suddenly disappers
means somthing is causing it to unmount automatically. What could
cause that?
Any suggestions please?

Power management?  Automounter?

If the drive is mounted on /data do you see it with df ?
If not, can you do ls -l /data (wait a moment) and see it respond?