Re: TV tuner pci cards on FC2

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 21:58, Peter Reed wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 01:12, Nigel Henry wrote:
> >> I spent most of yesterday afternoon googling for info on supported TV
> >> tuner cards. From http://www.grosbill.com I found three analog cards
> >> within my price range.
> >> Card1:
> >> Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 plus/fm plus. This card according to the
> >> Avermedia site uses the Philips TDA8275 chipset.
> >> http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/CARDLIST.saa7134  shows a
> >> variant of this card, #57 that uses the saa7134 chipset.
> >> FC2's /lib/modules/2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma/kernel/drivers/media/video
> >> has a directory with drivers for the saa7134, but the only TDA drivers
> >> are: tda7432.ko, tda9840.ko, tda9875.ko, and tda9887.ko.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know if this card is likely to work if it isn't using the
> >> exact driver required?
> >>
> >> Card2:
> >> Pinnacle PCTV Analog PCI
> >> Can't find any chipset info on this one from Pinnaclesys site.
> >>
> >> Anyone know if this card is supported?
> >>
> >> Card3:
> >> Terratec Cinergy 250 PCI
> >> This uses, according to the Terratec site the Philips saa-7134 chipset,
> >> but isn't specifically listed at the link for saa7134 supported cards
> >> above.
> >>
> >> Any one knows if this works ok?
> >>
> >> Accepting that one of these cards has a suitable driver in the kernel,
> >> are there additional packages I need to install in order to play TV on
> >> the Linux box with FC2?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Nigel.
> >
> > An update. Peter Reed suggested installing Tvtime, so I've done that, and
> > have also found another card. An Hauppage Win TV-Express (model755, I
> > think). This is an analog card, using an antenna connection, and has the
> > Brooktrees Bt878 chipset. it is very cheap at 23.95€, but would
> > appreciate any feedback, if anyone has experience of this card.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> It is the same chip set that I have in my ATI card and should work just
> fine as mine does.
> Peter

Thanks for that Peter. I think I'll go ahead and order that card. Did you see
that weird stuff after the "23.95" on my post. there was supposed to be a
Euro sign there which I got from my KDE's GB keymap using ALT-GR+4, like so.
€.  I now see the Euro sign on Kmails composer, but it seems to be
interpreted differently, when processed through the mailing list. I'll have
to write Euro in future. lol.

Nigel.