Re: Triple boot:XP,ubuntu&FC5 grub failed

On 9/6/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tod Merley wrote:
> Hi Gayal Rupasinghe and Jim Cornette!
>
> Gayle, Jim has it pretty much right I think.
>
> The chainload of Ubuntu (sort of a "stop looking here and start fresh
> right there!) should see a Fresh MBR (this is were I have a bit of a
> question since I can only see an MBR as being generated for the first
> sector of the disk) immediately followed (and referenced in the MBR)
> by a file within your current /boot/grub called "reiserfs_stage1_5".

[snip]

Erm...

There is exactly one (1) MBR per physical fixed disc. Each non-extended
partition has a BR on it (sometimes called the geometry). GRUB
can run either from the MBR or from a BR. Extended partitions are
another story altogether.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.