Re: FC5 - Eclipse with Sun Java

Are you using the Eclipse rpm or did you download Eclipse directly from www.eclipse.org.

I just tried Eclipse 3.2 downloaded from www.eclipse.org and it started just fine. I have not added all of the modules that I normally run (just rebuilding the machine after a disk drive failure), but I don't anticipate any problems.

Redhat sometimes makes changes to the packages in order to get them to run will in their environment. I've noticed this in Firefox, some IP telephony applications, and in the past the KDE development environment.

You might try installing the tar ball from www.eclipse.org, and then using an explicit path to launch that version. If you have a workspace set up already, back it up first and start the downloaded Eclipse without a workspace.

I don't know if the downloaded Eclipse will run against the GNU Java.

Hope this helps . . . .

/mde/
just my two cents