Re: installed CPAN but application still doesn't work

On 9/5/06, Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As I understand things, cpan breaks things on Fedora Core,

As I understand it, there's a chance that you'll have problems if you
install some modules as RPMs and some through CPAN. This is because
most RPMs are constructed to put modules in the vendor_perl directory
and CPAN will install them into the site_perl directory - so it's
possible to end up with two versions of the same module installed.

and cpan2rpm is the preferred tool.

Personally I find that cpanspec gives me higher quality RPMs.

However, first check to see if the perl modules you want are available in extras.

That's the best advice tho'. Let someone else do all the work :)

Dave...