Disabling hardware detection

I know you can disable hardware detection, but can't find how to do
it.  Once FC5 has properly booted up and recognized your existing
hardware (and hence the config files are ok) can you not disable
hardware detection to speed up booting?  If so, how is that done in
FC5?  I haven't added hardware in quite some time.  And if I do, I can
simply re-enable it.

Thanks,

Jacques B.