Re-installing FC5

Hi,

I upgraded my FC4 to FC5 as soon as FC5 was released, as some of you
may know i de-installed Gnome by mistake, now it is installed again,
but i see some problems on it, also some another problems.

I would like to reinstall a complete new instalation, but i do not
want to loose my work.

I think i will have to keep my home and the etc directories.
any other i need to keep?

the most important things for me are my thunderbird emails, only
backing up my home directory with the .thunderbird directory off
course is all i need?

thanks in advance for your comments,

ah! another question, when FC6 is going to be released? maybe I should
wait till then to make a clean instalation of FC6?

thanks.

--
Guillermo Garron
(Using FC5, CentOS4.4 and Ubuntu 6.06)