Re: Flash player for Linux (WAS: Re: The silly mess with Firefox 1.5.0.4's Flash plugin)

Jim Cornette wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

Thanks for the trick. The bothersome site that distracted the kids to use Linux was the disneychannel.com site. The site came up with the edited file. Firefox worked somewhat but needed the old killall -9 firefox-bin after some clicking. What features they use that require Flash 9 will always be a mystery to me.

Anyway, I'm assamed to inform a kid that Windows can go to this site but Linux cannot. Hopefully a genuine Flash 9 version hits Linux soon. I don't want the kids corrupted into using windows.

Jim

Do people that have problems with accessing sites actually take the time to write to those sites?

I have written to some but not to others.

I have had problems with commercial sites that I tried to access and informed the companies that I couldn't access their sites and thus couldn't purchase their products.

--
Robin Laing