Re: Hardware inventory

Ashley M. Kirchner schrieb:

I thought I'd ask before reinventing the wheel... Can anyone suggest an application for Linux that can track hardware inventory across a network? I have several machines on our unix network and things are starting to get out of control trying to figure out which has what storage or memory or something as simple as, 'What OS does that have again?'

I've seen many different applications for Windows but they don't know how to query a Linux box. So I'm asking for help here. Most of the machines are running some FC version (1-5) and only two of them have RH7.3 on them. (Imagine my surprise when I manually scanned the network this afternoon...RH7.3?? Badly in need of an upgrade.)

Anyway, I'd like to be able to have this beast track hardware on each machine and possibly also what services they provide (though some of that will have to be manually entered as some machines serve specific services (for specific domains) while others don't.) If it can scan the network and query each machine for data, that'd be a plus, however if that's not possible, I'll make do.

Got good reports about

http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=English

Alexander