Re: Command for scrolling back through text on CLI

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 23:56, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 23:20 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > If I'm in text mode and run a command like, ls /usr/bin, I get a load of
> > text scrolling by with no way to get back to the start of it. What
> > command do I need to use so that I can scroll back through the text? Or
> > are there any specific key combinations that will do this?
> >
> > I looked at "man ls" and "man tail", but there didn't seem to be any help
> > there.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> I am not sure why you can't use the scroll feature of the terminal
> window to do this. In seetting up an xterminal you can vary the size of
> the scroll buffer.

I wasn't using KDE's Konsole, but was booted into Finnix at init2, but when I
have been using the Konsole (terminal), settings > history has given me the
the option for unlimited, and that has worked for the current session, but
has not been saved. Consequently, each time I open the Konsole I have to set
the history to unlimited. At the moment KDE's Konsole is set for 1000 lines.
How do I  change this to unlimited permanently.

Nigel.