Re: md RAID and LVM recovery techniques.

Dennis Castanos wrote:
I.have good luck with 'ghost for linux' for single non raid drive. I was wondering if the slave drive (RAID) had to be restored along with the primary, when wanting to restore to an erlier backup for whatever reason.
dennismouille@xxxxxxxxx

*/Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Robin Laing wrote:
     > Hello,
     >
     > I know how to recover a single md drive but I am not sure how
    this works
     > under LVM.
     >
     > My situation is two drives for md0 (~130gig) and two for md1.
    This on
     > FC4 so shouldn't make that much difference.
     >
     > Joined together under LVM. One of the md0 drives failed on the
    weekend
     > and I want to ensure that I do this correctly.
     >
     > As the drive comes up with no file-system error, I want to pull the
     > drive out and test it in an external carrier and possibly map out
    bad
     > blocks.
     >
     > The other option is to replace the drive with a much larger drive
    (price
     > is lower) and partition the as a replacement.
     >
     > Can I just rebuild the drive under md tools and it will work in
    the LVM
     > or do I have to re-label the drive?
     >
     > If I pull the drive and put it in a carrier, will I be able to
    pull data
     > off of the drive?
     >
     > Basically, can I just ignore the LVM on this drive?

    Well no help from the list as of yet but I did finally find this which
    may be useful to others.

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8874

-- Robin Laing

-- fedora-list mailing list